Sunday, January 1, 2012

And So It Begins Anew...

Happy new year!

What better way to kick of 2012 than with a new adventure in the blogosphere?  I've been wanting to resurrect my blog for some time now but for various reasons, I decided to start fresh.  After making that decision a few months ago and setting up this site, I was stuck in a period of complete analysis paralysis:  what should I blog about?  Should I talk about my faith?  Youth ministry?  Books?  Online dating?  My life story? Or simply chronicle my adventures?  Or use it as a forum to do some "creative" writing?  And then: who will read my blog?  WILL anyone read my blog?  Who do I WANT to read my blog?  And why?

I'm not kidding, y'all.  I've been completely stymied by all of this.

But as I reflected back on last year this evening, I realized something.  None of that really matters.  Maybe no one will read this or maybe only my nearest and dearest will read it.  Or maybe it will take the world by storm, it'll be turned into a bestselling book and you'll see me chatting it up with Robin Roberts on GMA one of these days.  The point of the matter is that I want to be writing and I feel like this is a good forum in which to begin.

So to that end, I am going to go against every shred of advice I've gleaned in the past year from several wildly popular bloggers, let my blog take on a life of it's own and see where it all leads.  I hope you'll come along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment